From: Parking Services
Please review carefully the following parking changes that will take place for ALL home basketball games (both men and women) and take note of the affected lots and dates for all home games. This will be the only formal announcement regarding this procedure.
- All vehicles must be cleared from the four designated basketball lots or be subject to ticketing (Coliseum Lot, Basketball Practice Facility, Track/Field House Lot & Litton-Reaves Lot).
- For WEEKDAY games the following four lots will be restricted-no NEW parking beginning at 5 p.m. on the day of the game and ALL vehicles must be removed from these lots by 6 p.m. or be subject to ticketing:
Coliseum Lot (located off Washington Street and Spring Road)
Track/Field House Lot (on Spring Road)
West Stadium Lot
Basketball Practice Facility Lot
- Additionally, Litton-Reaves Lot (on Washington Street and Duck Pond Road) will be restricted to only faculty and staff permit holders beginning at 5 p.m. No C/G/R permit holders will be allowed in after 5 p.m. until the start of the game (usually at 7 p.m.). All vehicles already in the lot will be allowed to remain. This also includes weekend games.
- For WEEKEND games, three lots (Coliseum Lot, West Stadium Lot, and Track/Field House Lot) will be restricted the day before the game-no NEW parking after 5:30 p.m. and ALL vehicles must be removed from these lots by mid-night or be subject to ticketing. Litton-Reaves Lot will be restricted the day before the game-no NEW parking after 5:30 p.m. All vehicles already in the lot will be allowed to remain.
- Signs will be posted at the entrance to the affected parking lots the day before the game.
- If you have an event planned involving one of these parking lots, please call 540-231-3200, so we can accommodate your needs at another location.
- Ten parking spaces will be maintained in the Coliseum Lot to support the needs of the Schiffert Health Center.
- Public parking for home basketball games will be located in the Stadium Lot and in the large fenced resident parking lot off Duck Pond Drive (i.e. "The Cage" across the road from the Virginia Bioinformatics Institute). Vehicles should be parked in the large section of "the Cage" closest to the Duck Pond. Public RVs must park in the Duck Pond Lot.
- Handicap parking will be available in the Coliseum Lot.
If you have any questions concerning this information, please call Parking Services at 540-231-3200 or, after regular business hours, the University Police Department at 231-6411. If you have questions concerning reserved Hokie Club lots please call the Athletic Department at 231-9963.