The Virginia Tech Board of Visitors will hold its quarterly board meeting at 1:15 p.m. Monday, June 4, in the Board Room of Torgersen Hall (Room 2100) on the Blacksburg campus.
No meetings will be held Sunday, June 3. The Research Committee will not meet at the June meeting.
On Monday, June 4, the following committee sessions will be held at Lane Stadium unless otherwise noted:
- The Academic Affairs Committee will have a breakfast meeting in Room 344 at 7:15 a.m. At 8:30 a.m., the committee will meet in closed session in Room 310, followed by an open session at 9 a.m. at the same location.
- The Buildings and Grounds Committee will have a tour of new campus construction projects starting at 7:40 a.m. at the Inn at Virginia Tech. The committee will then meet in open session at 9:30 a.m. in Room 344.
- The Finance and Audit Committee will meet in closed session at 7:30 a.m. in Room 325 and will meet in open session at 8:30 a.m. in Room 309.
- The Student Affairs and Athletics Committee will meet in open session at 8:30 a.m. in Room 315.
At their meeting, the board will consider resolutions on a new Bachelor of Arts degree in religion and culture, the 2012-13 Faculty Compensation Plan, and the 2012-13 university budgets, and receive updates on the proposed athletic training facility and the university long-range plan.
More information may be found at the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors website.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech takes a hands-on, engaging approach to education, preparing scholars to be leaders in their fields and communities. As the commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers 240 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 31,000 students and manages a research portfolio of $513 million. The university fulfills its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
- Board of visitors names Robyn Jones and Nicholas Onopa 2012-13 student representatives
- Resolutions to honor Deriek Crouse, name campus building, and define weapons regulation approved by board of visitors