Emily Dao, of Oak Hill, in Fairfax County, Va., a senior honors student majoring in accounting and information systems in Virginia Tech’s Pamplin College of Business, has passed away.
A visitation has been planned for Sunday, Aug. 16, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Fairfax Memorial Funeral Home in Fairfax, Va. There will be a podium in place at 2 p.m. for anyone who wishes to speak.
The funeral will be held on Monday, Aug. 17 at 10 a.m. at the funeral home, which is located at 9902 Braddock Road in Fairfax. Following, the family will be there to receive guests until 2 p.m. The funeral home can be reached at (703) 425-9702.
Those in the university community who may wish assistance or desire counseling support may contact:
- Cook Counseling Center at (540) 231-6557
- Dean of Students Office at (540) 231-3787
- Office of Residence Life at (540) 231-6205
- Human Resources / Hokie Wellness at (540) 231-9331
- Employee Assistance Program / ValueOptions at (866) 725-0602
Referrals to a campus minister may be done through the Dean of Students Office at (540) 231-3787.